Out & About Communications is an integrative marketing and communications firm based in San Diego, CA. We are seeking a go-getter to join our team as Marketing Manager. This part-time position, that could grow into full-time and will comprise of client communications, digital marketing project management, working across creative departments and other responsibilities as assigned.
To apply, submit your cover letter, resume and social links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIS JOB IS FOR YOU IF…
- You are jazzed about working for a small company where your input matters. You will have a direct impact on the success of the company and the success of the clients you serve.
- You love owning the marketing and editorial calendars and ensuring you are 10 steps ahead of the project plan. You are enthused about thumbing through tactics to keep things humming.
- You truly love digital marketing. You see the power of the work and understand the ins and outs of the tactics, but also love plugging into the 10,000 foot view.
- You think creatively about how to do things better. Better workflows. Better digital marketing implementation. Better communications. You don’t just ideate. You execute.
- You communicate clearly and you can speak to all creative departments. You speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you’re comfortable communicating in multiple methods.
- The digital world and you are one. You geek out over project management tools and love systems. You have a policy of responding within 24 hours. You keep a clean email inbox.
- You are professional. You love talking with clients and hearing the root of their thoughts. Your goal is to leave them impressed with each interaction. You build strong working relationships.
- You love working with a team who is truly passionate about their work. You trust your team. You know that they hold themselves accountable to the highest standard, just as you hold yourself accountable.
- You happen to know your way around WordPress, Constant Contact, training and press release best practices. No project is too big or too small for you to touch.
- A self-starter who has a genuine passion for digital marketing and working with teams.
- Excellent judgment and efficient work ethic.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, CoSchedule, WordPress, and HTML, and email marketing tools. Fluency in Google Docs, Dropbox and is a must.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- High attention to detail when making edits and reviewing documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in marketing, business administration or communications.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with project management from development to execution.
- Experience working with diverse clients.
- Must be based in sunny San Diego, CA.
We work in a collaborative office environment – the ability to work and communicate well with our others is a must. An indoor work environment is climate controlled and has moderate noise levels.
Mobility and sensory ability required for the organization of events, computer utilization, telephone access, and communication one-on-one as well as in group meetings. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Must be able to lift 20 pounds and sit or stand for long periods of time. Work will include some long hours, evenings and weekends.
DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP (SUMMER)
The Digital Communications Intern will gain hands-on experiences and exposure to social media marketing and building digital partnerships.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is esthetic about diving into the world of digital marketing. They will be outgoing, social media savvy, and eager to learn.
You must be a student, as this is an educational internship. This internship is unpaid. Flexible schedule of a minimum of 15 hours per week for a minimum of 6 weeks.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.