We’re looking to hire a Senior Front-End Developer. A great fit would be someone who is passionate about their craft and enjoys working with teams to execute projects big and small. The full description is below!
Senior Front-End Developer
Out & About Communications, an integrative marketing and communications firm based in San Diego, CA, is seeking a front-end developer who’s passionate about the craft and enjoys working with a full creative team. This position is comprised of client communications, working directly with the creative and management teams, and other responsibilities as assigned.
This is a part-time position ranging from 12 – 25 hours a week. The position could grow into full time. To apply, submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
- Work closely with Art, UX, Copy, and Account to execute a variety of projects
- Advise on the technical feasibility and functionality of projects
- Work on a variety of projects, large and small
- Maintain projects over multiple iterations
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 – 5 years working as a full-time front-end developer
- Excellent understanding of WordPress and WordPress best practices
- Excellent understanding of:
– HTML5 — including implementation of semantic HTML
– CSS3 — including pre-processors such as SCSS
– JS — ranging from ES6+ JS to older versions of jQuery
- Experience implementing mobile responsive designs for a variety of devices and systems
- Experience using Sketch/Illustrator/Photoshop
- Experience with PHP and MySQL
- Knowledge of WordPress theme and plugin development best practices
- Solid working knowledge of Git
- Experience with build systems like webpack, browserify, etc.
- Experience working with third-party APIs such as Google Maps
- Basic understanding of SEO principles and practices
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with cPanel, WPEngine and various hosting platforms
- Experience with mobile optimization strategies such as Google AMP
- Experience developing rich media ads and HTML email
- Experience working with PM software such as Jira/Asana/PivotalTracker
- Previous experience with Linux a plus
- Based in sunny San Diego, CA
- Flexible working environment (onsite and remote)
- 401(k) benefits available
- Breakroom stocked with snacks and beverages
- Regular team “lunch and learns”
- Parking available onsite
We operate in a collaborative environment, so the ability to work and communicate well with others is a must. Our office is climate controlled and has moderate noise levels.
Mobility and sensory abilities required for the organization of events, computer use, telephone access, and communication one-on-one as well as in group meetings. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Must be able to lift 20 pounds and sit or stand for long periods of time. Work will include some long hours, evenings and weekends.
Part time, hourly